IF YOU HAVE REACHED THIS PAGE THEN YOU MAY BE CONSIDERING COACHING.
ASK YOURSELF THIS QUESTION: “How Coachable Am I?”
Have you wondered how receptive you might be to coaching? You need to be open and available to tackling challenging questions. Below is a very simple questionnaire designed to enlighten and inform you as to how receptive you maybe to receiving coaching.
Follow the directions and at the end reflect on the outcome.
Instructions: Make a note of the number which comes closest to representing how true the statement is for you right now. Then score yourself, using the key at the bottom of the page.
Scoring: Score each of your answers with one through to five, corresponding to the item listed below which applies.
- not true
- less true
- not sure
- more true
How true are these statements for you?
- I can be relied upon to take coaching seriously.
- I believe this is the right time for me to accept coaching.
- I am fully willing to do the work and let the coach do the coaching.
- I keep my word without struggling or sabotaging.
- I will give the coach the benefit of the doubt and try out new ideas.
- I will tell the whole truth to myself.
- I am a person who can express what I need or expect, and I can share this as soon as I sense it.
- I am willing to change self-defeating behaviours which limit my success.
- I see coaching as a worthwhile investment in my life.
- I am someone who can share the credit for my success with the coach.
TOTAL SCORE (add your numbers up)
- 10 – 20 Not coachable right now.
- 21 – 30 Coachable, but more willingness would permit faster progress.
- 31 – 40 Coachable.
- 41 – 50 Very coachable; hire a coach and request that they challenge you!
Coaching with Beverley
If you would like to find out more about one-to-one coaching with Beverley, please get in touch.