Another year is almost over, and so I am beginning to reflect on the year, and sharing with you 10 life lessons based on my life experiences over the last 18 months. There have been several, but here are my top 10 life lessons.
Some of my lessons seemed to chime with one or two quotes from our time. I am sure that at least one of my life lessons will chime with some of you. Let me know your thoughts.
1. Self-care is the best medicine.
2. Inside out – honour the inner child and give yourself permission to have some fun.
3. Give thanks – There is always something to be thankful for.
4. Your value does not decrease on someone’s inability to see your worth.
5. Disappointment – not getting what you want can be a blessing.
6. The ego- blowing out someone’s candle does not make your own candle shine brighter.
7. Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it. (Maya Angelou)
8. Response to dominance- when they go low, you go higher (Michelle Obama)
9. Challenge – our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. (Dr Martin Luther King)
10. Vision values – surround yourself with people who lift you up, and are on the same mission as you.